Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically via the ICSEMIS 2016 website ( icsemis2016.org ).
- All abstracts must be written in English, and will be assessed by the Scientific Committee and assigned to the appropriate session.
- The presenting author should attend the congress and register online via the congress website by the Early Registration deadline.
- Submitting an abstract implies the following agreement of authors:
- - Inclusion of the abstract in the ICSEMISS 2016 program and abstract book that will be published. (Abstract book to be provided to authors either in print or on USB)
- - Presenting author’s attendance at ICSEMIS 2016.
Free Paper (Oral & poster)
- The ICSEMIS 2016 organizing committee invites you to submit your abstract for inclusion in the scientific program.
- Abstracts will be classified according to following categories.
|Genetics and sport|
|Governance and policy|
|Neuroscience and sport|
|Physical activity and health|
|Sport eligibility and inclusion|
|Sport ethics and integrity|
|Sport medicine and injury prevention|
|Sport and quality of life for adolescence and aging|
|Technology in sports|
|The athlete’s career|
Notification of Acceptance
- - Acceptance notifications will be sent to authors on March 31st (Sunday), 2016 by e-mail and via the congress homepage.
- - The decision of the Scientific Committee on the acceptability of the abstract is final. While an author’s preferences for either an oral or poster presentation will be considered, the committee may suggest an alternative format. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the authors.
- - The presenting author must reply to the acceptance notification in order to acknowledge receipt and confirm attendance.
- Abstract Modification or Withdrawal
- - Requests for the withdrawal of an abstract must be submitted via e-mail to .
- - Please click the following button to submit your abstract ( Coming soon).
Abstract Guidelines for Free Paper (Oral & poster)
- Abstracts should be written in English in a grammatically correct manner.
- Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted and will not be edited in any way.
- Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the authors
- Authors must choose their category from the examples given.
- Abstract Titles
- - Abstract titles should be less than 30 words.
- - The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
- - The first letters of all words except for articles, prepositions, and conjunctions, should be in capital letters. All other letters should be in lower case.
- - Abstracts are restricted to 3200 characters (including spaces, title, authors and institutions).
- - Abstracts should be structured into the following headings: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- - The case report should be written in the following format: background, case presentation, discussion (or conclusion).
- - Figures, tables, graphs and images are not allowed.
- - References and keywords must not be included.
- Names and affiliations of authors are to be listed.
- Please be sure to list the names of all co-authors, including the presenter, to prevent any omissions in the abstract file.
- If an author is affiliated with a hospital as well as university, please enter the name of the hospital for which he/she works.
- Please make sure to fill in the correct contact phone number, mobile phone number (Brazil only) and e-mail address of the presenter.
- The deadline for abstract submission is January 31st (Sunday), 2016.
- Presenters and corresponding authors will receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of the abstract(s).
- In the case that a confirmation email is not received within 24 hours, please contact the secretariat.
Exhibition & Sponsorship
Become part of Europe's most prestigious
Sports Science Convention
Sports Science Convention